Join the May Bakeable Challenge: Ohio Shaker Lemon Pie
We're taking a trip to the Midwest this month for this uniquely Ohio pie.
Our May Challenge
We’re taking a trip this May. It may be a journey for some, but many of you will call it home: the Midwest! This month’s challenge recipe comes from the heart of Ohio and is a Buckeye State favorite. This Ohio Shaker Lemon Pie is wonderfully tart and perfect for welcoming spring. Even better: It has a wonderfully crisp and golden crust since it’s baked in a cast-iron skillet.
How to Participate
- Make a Shaker lemon pie: This is a recipe that may not get a lot of play outside of Ohio, but it’s so tasty that we think it should be enjoyed coast to coast.
- Try our #Makeable challenge: We know you don’t always have time to tackle a pie from scratch—especially on a busy weeknight. The good news is that our easy #Makeable challenge is perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth without much fuss. This May, we encourage you to try these top-rated Scotcheroos. They’re a Midwest fave!
- Enter our sweepstakes: Share photos of this month’s bakes with us and you could win nifty gear for your kitchen. Here’s a hint: These prizes will help you create next month’s challenge!
- Share photos: You can also share pics on the Bakeable Facebook group or on Instagram (use #bakeable). We’d love to see what you’re baking!
- Ask questions: If you need help or a few baking tips, talk with our Taste of Home baking pros or others taking the challenge. They’re ready to answer all your questions in our Facebook group.
We’re confident you can tackle this recipe easily. But if you need a little help along the way, don’t be afraid to ask us questions in our Bakeable Facebook group! Editor Lisa Kaminski is there to answer!
Enter Our Sweepstakes
Share a photo of what you’ve been making this month (we hope it’s our Ohio Shaker Lemon Pie or Scotcheroos!), and you could win some nifty gear for your kitchen: a Taste of Home silicone baking mat and pastry brush.
Check Out Past Challenges
Want to catch up on challenges? See what we’ve made in the past and give these recipes a try!
See What’s Next
Every month we’ll be introducing a new challenge. You can see what’s coming next by subscribing to our newsletter or joining the Bakeable Facebook group. We’ll also be posting more recipes, more tips and checking out your photos and stories. We’d love to keep up with you!