Family Holiday Tradition: Host a Holiday Movie Marathon
Baby, it's cold outside. Light a fire, flip on the TV and plan a cozy night in with your loved ones. Make the evening extra-special with easy decorating tips, a merry popcorn mix and this list of everyone's most-loved holiday flicks presented by our friends at Folgers®.
Set the Scene
- Get the excitement started early by slipping an invite listing movie title, show time and requested attire (coziest pajamas only, please!) under each family member’s bedroom door a few days before.
- It’s movie night! Cozy up the viewing area with plenty of pillows and fleece blankets to share. Or invite the kids to build a fort in the middle of the living room.
- Prop up a chalkboard on a nearby serving table that notes the evening’s showing.
- Decorate the space with cute props—yes, many stores sell replicas of that awesome leg lamp from A Christmas Story—that relate to your featured flick.
Serve Up a Snack Bar
- Drizzle a fresh-popped batch of popcorn with melted white chocolate. Once chocolate sets, make a merry mix by adding any of the following: red and green chocolate candies, chocolate-covered mini pretzels, gumdrops, dried cranberries, white chocolate chips or sugared nuts.
- Wow them with a hot chocolate and coffee bar complete with flavored creamers, mini marshmallows, whipped cream, chocolate sauce, and candy cane or rock candy swizzle sticks.
- Watching How the Grinch Stole Christmas? Make a Grinchy punch, a fizzy combination of white soda and lime sherbet. Serve with green sugar-rimmed glasses and ice cubes in fun holiday shapes (check online for seasonal silicone trays).
12 Days of Fa-La-La Flicks
- A Charlie Brown Christmas
- A Christmas Carol
- A Christmas Story
- Home Alone
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas!
- It’s a Wonderful Life
- National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation
- The Polar Express
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
- The Santa Clause
- White Christmas
Originally Published: November 17, 2015