Häagen-Dazs Is Rolling Out Boozy Ice Cream and We Tried It
Häagen-Dazs is responsible for some of our favorite ice cream flavors, but they've really raised the bar this time. Now introducing: BOOZY ice cream!
If you like ice cream as much as we do, you probably love Häagen-Dazs. (Find out how it stacked up in our blind taste test!) We were already excited to hear the announcement of six new flavors, but SPIRITS-inspired flavors? Yes, please!
We’ve had our fair share of wacky ice cream, but we had to give these a try. Häagen-Dazs was kind enough to send us a few samples, and we gracelessly dug in. Here’s the scoop on our new frozen favorites.
How They Tasted
The new Häagen-Dazs flavors will satisfy any sweet tooth. And if you’re wondering how tipsy these flavors will get you, don’t worry. The cartons only contain .5% alcohol. That means you’ll have to down quite a bit to get buzzed.
The universal favorite among our faithful taste testers was Stout Chocolate Pretzel Crunch. That stout taste is woven right in with the chocolate and mixed with crunchy pretzel pieces. We all agree this flavor can’t be beat. The runners up were:
- Irish Cream Brownie: A rich brownie and Irish cream infusion that evenly balances your favorite fudge-y flavor and that Bailey’s-inspired taste.
- Rum Tres Leches: The flavor with possibly the strongest alcohol taste, with rum weaved between chunks of Tres Leches cake.
- Vanilla Bean Bourbon Truffle: Bourbon mixed with smooth vanilla ice cream adds a spicy kick to a classic favorite.
- Non-Dairy Amaretto Black Cherry Almond Toffee: A refreshing non-dairy spin on classic amaretto with black cherries that bring a tasty tartness to traditional ice cream sweetness. Bonus: It doesn’t even taste dairy-free!
- Bourbon Praline Pecan: Think the crunch of butter pecan with brown sugar swirls of bourbon that literally melt in your mouth.
Häagen-Dazs has also released an Irish Cream Cookie Square. Coated in dark chocolate and topped with Irish Cream Brownie ice cream, what’s not to love? YUM!
Where to Get Your Boozy Ice Cream Fix
Each 14 oz. carton is to be sold at the low, low price of $5.29. (It really isn’t much to pay for how tasty these are.)
You should be able to find them in stores like Target any day now. If your craving just can’t be satisfied by anything else, get into a Häagen-Dazs shop on March 1st. You’ll be able to get a taste of our new favorite flavors in their many forms: cup, cone, sundae or milkshake.