Here’s a Sneak Peek at This Year’s Hallmark Christmas in July Marathon
Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
The Hallmark Christmas in July marathon is finally here! Take a peek at what we're watching—including three brand-new movies.
Summer is here! And while we can’t wait for backyard BBQs and time spent at the pool, there’s another seasonal tradition on our radar: Hallmark’s Christmas in July movie marathon. Here’s the scoop for 2022.
What Is Hallmark Christmas in July?
Every summer, Hallmark treats its fans to a movie marathon packed with Christmas classics. This year, in addition to reruns of fan favorites, they’re premiering three brand-new movies.
Fans also have a chance to vote on which movies they’d like to see during the first weekend of Christmas in July. Through June 19, Hallmark die-hards can vote in new, weekly polls each Monday on the Hallmark Movie Checklist app.
How Long Does Hallmark Christmas in July Last?
You’ll be able to enjoy holiday flicks all month long. The fun starts on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries channel, running from Friday, June 24 through Thursday, June 30. Then, Hallmark Channel takes over and will be showing your Christmas favorites from Friday, July 1 through Sunday, July 31. Phew! If you need a reason to clear some space on your DVR, this is it.
Can’t wait? Learn how to watch Hallmark Christmas movies all year long.
Hallmark Christmas in July Movie Premieres
This year, fans will be treated to not one, but three brand-new movies during Christmas in July. Here’s when to watch:
Saturday, July 9: My Grown-Up Christmas List
In this premiere, Taylor, a journalist, and Luke, a military man, share a “a special bond that grows between them over the course of five Christmases that they spend together and apart.” Hallmark aficionados will recognize Taylor as actress Kayla Wallace from the fan-favorite show When Calls the Heart.
Saturday, July 16: Campfire Christmas
Ready for Christmas in July to take center stage? In this premiere, viewers can look forward to watching as “romance rekindles for Peyton and her closest friends when her parents decide to host a holiday themed reunion before selling their family-owned summer camp.”
Saturday, July 23: Christmas in Toyland
The stakes are high in this premiere! A Crown Media press release explains: “To save hundreds of jobs right before Christmas, a data analyst and toy store manager must work together to keep the in-store experience alive.”
How to Watch Hallmark Christmas in July
Tune in to Christmas in July on Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries. Both of these channels are available through a cable TV provider.
You can also find select holiday movies on the Hallmark Movies Now channel.
Bonus: Tips for Making It Merry
While there’s nothing wrong with curling up on the couch with a big bowl of popcorn, we have ways to take your movie-viewing to the next level:
- Host a Christmas in July party. Our in-depth guide covers everything you need to know, from dinner plans to decor.
- Set out seasonal snacks. We’re big fans of these sweet treats inspired by your favorite Hallmark flicks and these Christmas in July cookies. Don’t forget the cocktails!
- View movies under the stars. Backyard movie night? You got it. Learn how to set up this magical experience for your friends and family. Bonus points if you pass around Christmas in July appetizers, too.
- Ready, set, bake! Many Hallmark Christmas movies involve cookie decorating or gingerbread contests. Recreate the experience at home by hosting a cookie bake-off. Turn to our Christmas cookie recipe generator for ideas.
- Include festive decor. While it’s unlikely you’ll set up your tree (although no judgment if you do!), you can still enjoy festive, beach-themed Christmas decor all summer long.
- Take a shopping break. Hallmark Christmas in July coincides with the Ornament Premiere in Hallmark stores and online. From July 9-17, shoppers can fill their carts with new keepsakes for the holiday season.