I Tried Ina Garten’s Pomegranate Spritzer and I’m Drinking It For the Rest of the Summer
Once again, Ina Garten has impressed us with a simple yet sophisticated recipe.
The good news is you’re not alone. Ina Garten declared last week “TOO HOT TO COOK WEEK” on Instagram and shared a few no-fuss (and no-cook) recipes. We’re especially fond of Ina Garten’s pomegranate spritzer, which is from her upcoming cookbook due in October.
View this post on Instagram
How to Make Ina Garten’s Pomegranate Spritzer
- 2 cups chilled sparkling water
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (2 limes)
- Fresh pomegranate seeds and lime slices, for serving.
- Place 4 martini glasses in the freezer and chill for 30 minutes.
- Pour sparkling water, pomegranate juice, and lime juice into a large pitcher. Add ice cubes and stir for 30 seconds.
- Remove the martini glasses from the freezer and strain the mixture evenly into each glass.
- Add pomegranate seeds and a slice of lime to each glass. Serve cold.
Here’s What I Thought
I’ve never encountered a bad Ina Garten recipe, and Ina’s Pomegranate Spritzer is no exception. It doesn’t require a lot of effort—I prepped the glasses and whipped up the drink while making dinner—but still makes a weeknight meal feel special and a bit elevated.
The spritzer gives off a good amount of flavor without being overly sweet, thanks to the pomegranate and fresh lime juice. The result is a well-balanced, non-alcoholic sipper that would pair well with other summery recipes, such as Ina’s potato salad or mocha chocolate icebox cake. If you prefer something refreshing but still boozy, check out Ina’s favorite rosé!
I don’t recommend forgoing the fresh lime juice or skipping the ice—most of this drink’s flavor comes from the fresh lime, and it tastes even better nice and cold. Chilling the glasses and preparing the drink just like a cocktail livened up a humid Tuesday evening in more ways than one.
I think it’s also worth experimenting with flavored sparkling water as well. Add a lemon, lime or even coconut seltzer.