A Low-Carb Skillet Brownie That Is Deliciously Gooey
These low-carb brownies are quick & just as delicious as the original
Shutterstock / Brent Hofacker
In theory, brownies are the perfect food. They’re chocolaty, and they keep well, fit easily in a bag or a lunch box and offer an excellent pick-me-up. In reality, brownies can be kind of a pain to make and can be super carb-heavy when you’re not in the mood for it.
This quick skillet recipe is super-easy to whip up and will satisfy all your chocolate cravings without a ton of carbs. Now if we could just find a way to DIY our own ice cream without sacrificing an afternoon, life would be perfect.
Our skillet brownie takes less than 20 minutes to make and serves exactly two. Or one, if you prefer.
Low-carb skillet brownie for two recipe
Food energy: 198 kcal; Total fat: 23.81 g; Calories from fat: 214; Cholesterol: 0 mg; Carbohydrate, by difference: 9.26 g; Total dietary fiber: 4.57 g; Protein: 7.14 g; Sodium: 278 mg
- 5 tablespoons almond flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons Swerve Sweetener or other granulated erythritol
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or melted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar-free chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and lightly grease a 6-inch ovenproof skillet (you can also use a 6-inch casserole dish).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, cocoa powder, sweetener and baking powder.
- Stir in the water, oil or melted butter, egg and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared skillet and sprinkle with chocolate chips, if using.
- Bake 13 to 16 minutes, or until puffed but not quite set. The brownie should jiggle a bit in the center when shaken.
- Remove and top with lightly sweetened whipped cream or your favorite low-carb ice cream. Serve immediately.
Read More from SkinnyMs.
- 11 Quick Breakfasts for Busy Mornings
- 5 Ways to Spring Clean Your Diet
- Healthy Snacks That Promote Weight Loss