Brown sugar combined with the juice from a can of DOLE® Pineapple Slices brings out the sweet-and-savory best in our Baked Ham with Pineapple recipe. Delicious? Of course! And when decorated with DOLE Pineapple Slices and maraschino cherries, it’s also a spectacular centerpiece for your holiday table.
Baked Ham with Pineapple
Prep: 10 min. Bake: 2 hours
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (6 to 8 pounds)
- 1 can (20 ounces) DOLE Pineapple Slices
- Whole cloves
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 12 maraschino cherries
1. Place ham in roasting pan. Score the surface with shallow diagonal cuts, making diamond shapes; insert cloves into diamonds. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours.
2. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup of the juice. Combine brown sugar and reserved pineapple juice; pour over ham. Arrange DOLE Pineapple Slices and cherries on ham using toothpicks. Bake, uncovered, 30-45 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140° and the ham is heated through. Yield: 16-20 servings.
For more great holiday recipe ideas, visit dolesunshine.com/holidayfavorites.