The secret to Grandma’s next-level sweet potato casserole? It’s stuffed with goodies like DOLE® Crushed Pineapple, nutmeg and butter—plus a few jumbo marshmallows. Trust us. Your family won’t let you come to next year’s holiday feast without it.
Pineapple Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallows
Prep: 45 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 can (20 ounces) DOLE Crushed Pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 15 large marshmallows
1. Place sweet potatoes in a large kettle and cover with water; bring to a boil. Boil gently until potatoes can easily be pierced with the tip of a sharp knife, about 30-45 minutes. Drain; cool slightly.
2. Peel potatoes and place in a large bowl with butter and sugar; mash. Add drained DOLE Crushed Pineapple, eggs, vanilla, nutmeg and salt; stir to combine.
3. Spoon into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with marshmallows. Bake uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
For more great holiday recipe ideas, visit dolesunshine.com.