The 7 Best Produce Delivery Services of 2023
Want fresh fruits and veggies without the hassle of heading to the store? Get in-season greens from the best produce delivery services straight to your front door.
Our editors and experts handpick every product we feature. We may earn a commission from your purchases.
If you find yourself going to the grocery store a few times a week to stay stocked up on all your favorite fruits and veggies, we have good news. There’s an easier way to keep the fridge stocked without constantly running to the store. The secret? Produce delivery services.
Just like the best meal delivery services, these online grocers deliver fresh fruits and veggies straight to your doorstep. Some even offer the option to add grocery staples beyond produce to your box. We researched the best produce delivery services so you don’t have to.
The Best Produce Delivery Services
Best Overall Produce Delivery Service
What if you could help reduce food waste while eating organic and affordable produce at the same time? Misfits Market makes this a reality by shipping sustainably sourced produce straight to your door. The produce delivery service finds a new home for high-quality produce that might not be pretty enough to put on grocery store displays, offering a discount along the way. More importantly, opting for produce through Misfits Market helps reduce food waste, so you can feel good knowing your purchase goes a lot further thanks to this unique service.
One Taste of Home writer’s Misfits Market review proves why it’s one of the best produce delivery services (you can even add on fun grocery items like wine!). Choose from seasonal and non-GMO produce like carrots, green beans, cucumbers and even yummy snacks. Then, select how often you want your goods delivered, with the ability to cancel at any time.
- 100% customizable
- Up to 40% cheaper than grocery store prices
- Add more than just produce to your box
- Free sign up
- Produce might not look the prettiest, but the taste is high-quality
Best Budget Produce Delivery Service
One way to get cheap(er) groceries delivered straight to your door is hidden in plain sight: Amazon. With Amazon Fresh, shoppers can add any fresh produce and grocery store favorites to their online or mobile Amazon cart. From there, a personal shopper picks out the items and delivers them straight to your door.
Prices are kept low, and you can have your items delivered the same day you order—freshness guaranteed. Once your goodies arrive, wash and store them in produce keepers so they stay fresher for longer. Note: Check to see if Amazon Fresh delivers to your area as some locations aren’t compatible with the service just yet.
- Most affordable produce delivery service
- Shoppers get to hand-pick their items
- Large variety of grocery items available for delivery
- Convenient option for shoppers who don’t live close to a grocery store
- $9.95 delivery fee on most orders
- Doesn’t deliver to every city or state
Best Produce Delivery Service for Families
A “feel-good, do-good” produce delivery service, Hungry Harvest operates in six states, bringing affordable fruits, veggies and everyday grocery goods straight to your door. We love this option for families because the box is 100% customizable and the brand offers a large range of other online grocery items like dairy, protein, snacks and bakery goods. You’ll love not having to make frequent trips to the grocery store!
Not only is Hungry Harvest tailored to its customers, but the produce sourced is rescued from going to waste, which allows the delivery service to keep boxes reasonably priced. Busy parents, these best meal delivery services for families might come in handy too.
- Customizable and curated boxes available
- Large variety of grocery items available for delivery
- Customizable delivery frequency
- Brand helps reduce food waste
- Delivery isn’t available in every state
- Price minimum to guarantee free delivery
Best Fruit Delivery Service
Frog Hollow Farm
Billed as a “from tree to table” fruit delivery service, the Frog Hollow Farm box membership delivers on flavor and quality. Whether you want a box every week, bi-weekly or monthly, they deliver a variety of in-season fruit straight to your door. Fruit is hand-picked from their farm May through September while the fall and winter months bring fruit from Frog Hollow Farm’s partner growers.
And if you want a box of citrus or avocados delivered just once, they offer options for that too. Choose the box size that fits your lifestyle and get ready for juicy apricots, peaches, citrus, apples and beyond. Interested in a fruit of the month club? Frog Hollow Farm has box options for monthly clubs and other grocery staples.
- Affordable seasonal fruit delivery
- Options for fruit-specific boxes and other grocery staples
- Customizable box size and delivery frequency
- Sustainably-sourced fruit
- Shoppers don’t get to choose each individual fruit inside their box
Best Veggie Delivery Service
Harry & David Veggie of the Month Club
Harry & David has been selling produce since launching in Southern Oregon in 1934, so they know a thing or two about delicious, fresh food. The company is most notably known for its pears, but it offers so much more.
With its Veggie of the Month club, customers can sign up to receive fresh vegetables shipped to their door for a few months at a time. Three monthly subscription models are available: three, six or 12 months. Each month features a different vegetable, including seasonal selections like shiitake mushrooms, baby candy cane beets and white asparagus. Pro tip: Keep your produce fresh for weeks with BluApple.
- Three subscription models available
- New in-season veggies delivered every month
- Fun way to experiment with veggies
- On the pricey side
- Shoppers can’t hand-pick their veggies
Best Tropical Fruit Delivery Service
Tropical Fruit Box
Just because you might not live in a tropical area doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy an abundance of exotic fruit. With Tropical Fruit Box, indulge in all the pineapple, dragon fruit and mangoes your heart desires. Choose from curated fruit boxes or build your own. We love that it makes produce that’s not always widely available in grocery stores accessible to all (who wouldn’t want to try a box of cacao fruit?). Tropical fruits galore!
- Fresh tropical and exotic fruit delivery
- Earn reward points for signing up
- Variety of tropical fruits available
- Option to buy once or subscribe and save
- On the pricey side, depending on what you select
Best Fruit of the Month Club
The Fruit Company
Food of the month clubs are just more fun, and The Fruit Company offers one of the best options for fruit. Every month offers a new in-season fruit (think plump peaches, juicy Navel oranges, pineapple and dark sweet cherries). Whether you’re shopping for yourself or gifting to a friend, it’s a fun way to experience each month’s in-season fruit. Choose from four clubs: HarvestClub Americana, HarvestClub Medley, HarvestClub Exotica or HarvestClub Organic.
- A new in-season fruit delivered every month
- Four fruit club options available
- High-quality fruit
- Free shipping
- Three-month commitment required to order your first box
- Box contains pieces of one singular fruit, not a variety of multiple fruits
What to Look for When Considering Produce Delivery
Depending on your household size and what type of produce you want delivered, there are a few considerations to keep in mind:
- Quality: Nobody wants produce past its prime delivered to their doorstep. It’s important to research where the delivery service sources its produce, like if it’s hand-picked from partner farmers or orchards, or, if a personal shopper is picking it up from the grocery store. Either is a fine option and depends on your personal preference.
- Type of Produce: Does the service offer various fresh, in-season and out-of-season produce? What about a variety of fruits and veggies? Whether you prefer just fruits or just veggies, a combination of the two or want a service that offers tropical fruit only, there are options for everyone.
- Customizations: Can you adjust the delivery frequency or size of the box? What about the ability to tack on other grocery staples to your box? Depending on your lifestyle, it’s important to read up on each service’s customizations (or lack thereof) before deciding if it’s a good fit.
Why You Should Trust Us
As a freelance writer specializing in all things food, beverage and pizza ovens, I’m constantly testing meal delivery services—and produce delivery services are no exception. My years of experience as a previous bakery owner also inform my research and writing. Whether I’m sharing the scoop on the internet’s new meal delivery craze (aka bread, pasta and grain boxes) or breaking down the best ways to put dinner on the table fast, I know what to look for when shopping for groceries online to help make the decision-making process less overwhelming.
How We Found the Best Produce Delivery Services
When looking for the best produce delivery services, we researched the top players in the market, local and nationwide farms that offer produce delivery and other online services to determine the absolute best picks. We evaluated these services based on the quality of produce inventory, ease of ordering and shipping, variety and value for the price.