1. Eligibility: This Contest is open to legal U.S. residents residing in one of the 50 United States or District of Columbia and legal residents of Canada (excluding the Province of Québec) who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. This Contest is sponsored by RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC (“Sponsor”), the publisher of Taste of Home. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiary companies, judging agents and promotion partners, and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to participate. Eligible persons who previously won the Grand Prize in any Taste of Home recipe contest within one year prior to the Deadline Date (as defined below) may enter this Contest but are ineligible to be selected as the Grand Prize winner in this Contest (they may win other prizes in this Contest). Contest is void in the Province of Québec and where prohibited by law or otherwise regulated.
2. How To Enter: Contest begins at 9:00 am Central Time on June 1, 2018 and ends at 3:00 pm Central Time on October 1, 2018 (the “Deadline Date”) (Contest Deadline Extended!). All entries must be received by 3:00 pm Central Time on the Deadline Date. To enter, visit preprod.tasteofhome.com/contests. All entries must include your full name, address, city, state/province, zip/postal code, telephone number and email address (if you have one). Entries submitted in geographic areas in which the entry is not permissible will be disqualified. If entries do not contain all necessary information, entrant will be disqualified. Please be certain to follow all directions. Eligible persons can enter as many original recipes in this Contest as they wish. Sponsor is the official timekeeper for this Contest. In the event the Contest is entered via a mobile device, Message and Data charges may apply.
All recipes must be the original work of entrant and not previously published. You may use other recipes for inspiration, but you must make your own unique ingredient and cooking instruction changes in order for the recipe to be considered. Each submitted recipe must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other intellectual property rights of any person or entity. All entries become the property of Sponsor. By submitting a recipe for this Contest, you grant Sponsor, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners and licensees unrestricted use of the submitted entry which includes the right to publish your recipe and any other information provided worldwide in all print and electronic media (now or hereafter existing) without time limitation, and the right to include your name and hometown (e.g., city and state) in connection therewith. Sponsor reserves the right to edit, modify, translate, reproduce and distribute the submitted material in any medium and in any manner as it deems appropriate. Sponsor tests selected recipes and reserves the right to alter them as it deems appropriate. Sponsor may contact you via phone or email regarding your submission.
Entrants will be able to submit recipes using their electric pressure cooker in 6 categories: Appetizers, Breakfast, Main Dishes, Sides, Soup & Stews and Desserts. Digital photos should be at least 5 MB in size with a maximum size of 25 MB, and 300 DPI. Eligible persons can submit as many entries as they like.
3. Judging: The winners of the Contest will be determined by judging all qualifying entrants’ submissions based on the following criteria:
Does this recipe taste great with every bite? Does it have mass appeal? Would you want to make this recipe over and over again based on taste alone? Does it contain interesting, yet gratifying flavor combinations?
Visual Appeal: 25%
Does this recipe present beautifully on a plate or in a baking dish? Do your eyes make you want to eat this before you even smell or taste it?
Is the recipe your original idea? Is the recipe reflective of unique twists to ingredient usage? Have you incorporated your personal touch to this recipe?
Crowd Appeal: 25%
Does your recipe appeal to fellow home cooks everywhere? Does the recipe have easy-to-find everyday ingredients and is it easy to make? Does the recipe have a story that will inspire many others to make it?
All entries will be judged using the criteria stated above. In the event of a tie, the highest scoring entry in the Creativity category will be the winner. All judging will be accomplished by a panel of Taste of Home food experts. Decision of the judges is final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest.
4. Winners and Prizes: A total of 6 Category Winners and 1 Grand Prize Winner will be selected: Six Category Winners will be awarded US$200 each and one Grand Prize Winner, chosen from the six Category Winners, will be awarded an additional US$300. The total value of all prizes in this Contest is US$1,500. Each winner agrees that the publishing rights granted above will be exclusive to Sponsor, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners and licensees for use in any magazine and/or cookbook in any media (now or hereafter existing) for a period of one year after the date a prize is awarded; following such period, such publishing rights shall continue on a non-exclusive basis. Each prize is not transferable and cannot be substituted or assigned by the winner, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value in the event that the stated prize cannot be awarded for any reason. All taxes, if any, are the winners’ responsibility. Sponsor will not be responsible for any loss, liability or damage arising out of the winners’ acceptance or use of the prize(s). All prizes are guaranteed to be awarded, assuming a sufficient number of qualifying entries is received and meet the minimum judging criteria.
5. Selection of Winners: Winners will be determined and notified on or about January 7, 2019 [UPDATED 6/29] by regular mail and/or email. Any winner may be required to execute a Statement of Eligibility and Release and Payment Authorization within 30 days of prize notification attempt or winner will be disqualified and prize may be awarded to an alternate winner. In the event winner is a minor in his or her place of residence, all required documentation must be signed by parent or legal guardian. Return of prize or prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Entry and/or acceptance of prize(s) constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies (if any) to use the winner’s name, hometown (e.g., city and state) and/or likeness for advertising and trade purposes without further compensation or authorization, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, unless prohibited by law.
In the event that two similar entries are received, only the entry judged to best meet criteria as set by Sponsor will be included in the final judging. Entrants agree to indemnify Sponsor, its affiliated and subsidiary companies from and against any and all claims and liabilities arising out of or in connection with this Contest. In the event of any dispute regarding the identity of an entrant who submitted an online entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used for the entry at the time of entry will be deemed the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that such winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the operation of the website or the entry process.
7. No Recourse to Judicial or Other Procedures/Severability: To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, to seek injunctive relief or to make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Contest are hereby excluded, and any entrant expressly waives any and all such rights. In the event that a court of competent jurisdiction finds the foregoing waiver unenforceable, entrants hereby consent to the jurisdiction and venue residing exclusively within the federal or state courts sitting in Milwaukee County in the State of Wisconsin, U.S.A. and agree that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Entrants agree that these Official Rules are governed by the laws of the State of Wisconsin, U.S.A., without reference to principles of conflicts of law. If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
8. Anticipated Number of Entrants: The total number of contestants anticipated is 1,000.
9. Winners’ List/Consumer Information: If you do not want to receive future sweepstakes or skill contest postal mailings from Sponsor, specify your request and write to: Taste of Home Electric Pressure Cooker Recipe Contest (#070) Mailing List, PO Box 3125, Harlan, Iowa 51593-0191. To receive a list of winners, write to Taste of Home Electric Pressure Cooker Recipe Contest (#070) Winner List, P.O. Box 50005, Prescott, Arizona 86301-5005. Winners’ list request must be received within one year of the Deadline Date.