- 2 to 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl, combine 3/4 cup flour, sugar, yeast and salt. In a small saucepan, heat milk, water and butter to 120° -130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into 12 pieces; shape each piece into a roll. Arrange in a greased 9-in. round baking pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 35 minutes. Preheat oven to 375°.
- Bake until golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool.
1 each: 109 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 123mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.