- Featured 1/2 cup grated BelGioioso Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup BelGioioso® Fresh Mozzarella Cheese, diced
- 1/4 cup shredded BelGioioso® Romano Cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce with basil, garlic and oregano
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
1.Preheat air fryer to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place in a single layer on greased tray in air-fryer basket; cook until lightly browned and cooked through, 8-10 minutes.
2.Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, mix sauce ingredients; heat through. Serve with meatballs.
3.Freeze option: Freeze cooled meatballs in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Preheat air fryer to 350°. Reheat until heated through, 3-5 minutes. Make sauce as directed.
4 meatballs with 1/3 cup sauce: 430 calories, 29g fat (14g saturated fat), 170mg cholesterol, 860mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 33g protein.