- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cranberry gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons red-hot candies
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- Place gelatin in a large bowl. In a small saucepan, combine water and candies. Cook and stir until candies are dissolved and mixture comes to a boil. Stir into gelatin. Stir in cold water.
- Set aside 1 cup gelatin mixture; let stand at room temperature. Refrigerate remaining gelatin until set but not firm. Fold in apples; pour into a 6-cup mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in reserved gelatin; carefully spoon over apple layer. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours. Unmold onto a serving platter.
To Make Ahead: Gelatin can be made a day in advance and unmolded a few hours before serving.