- 4 cups sliced peeled tart apples (cut in eighths)
- 3/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- Cream, ice cream or whipped cream
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first 6 ingredients. Cover and simmer just until apples are tender.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer apples to a bowl. Add water and tapioca to pan. Cook and stir until thickened and clear. Pour over apples. Serve warm with cream, ice cream or whipped cream.
1 cup: 257 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 256mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 2g fiber), 0 protein.