Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 4 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°. Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in cold butter until the size of peas. Stir in apricots and rosemary.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs and whipping cream until blended. Stir into flour-butter mixture just until moistened.
- Turn onto a well-floured surface. Roll dough into a 10-in. square. Cut into 4 squares; cut each square into 4 triangles. Place on baking sheets lined with parchment.
- For topping, combine egg and milk. Brush tops of scones with egg mixture; sprinkle with sugar. Bake until golden brown, 12-15 minutes.
- Freeze option: Freeze cooled scones in resealable freezer containers. To use, reheat in a preheated 350° oven 20-25 minutes, adding time as necessary to heat through.
1 scone: 372 calories, 25g fat (15g saturated fat), 121mg cholesterol, 461mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.