Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 3 cans (12 ounces each) pickled jalapeno peppers
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 envelopes pork-flavored seasoned coating mix
- Cut each jalapeno in half lengthwise; remove seeds and stems. Stuff each pepper half with about 1 tablespoon cheddar cheese. In a bowl, combine the uncooked sausage, biscuit mix and remaining cheese; mix well. Shape about 2 tablespoonfuls around each pepper.
- Dip into eggs, then roll in coating mix. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
1 each: 126 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 543mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.