- 1 loaf (1 pound) sourdough bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 jars (6-1/2 ounces each) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 large egg
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- Place bread cubes in two ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, celery and onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the artichokes, cheese and poultry seasoning. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in bread cubes.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg and broth until blended. Pour over bread mixture and mix well.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish (dish will be full). Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 165°.
3/4 cup: 139 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 384mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.