- 2 medium sweet red peppers, julienned
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, halved and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 6 ounces fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup white wine or vegetable broth
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, saute the peppers, squash and asparagus in wine and oil until crisp-tender. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Test Kitchen tip
3/4 cup: 90 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 163mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.