- 2 cups uncooked gemelli or spiral pasta
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, avocado and cheese. In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients. Pour over pasta mixture; toss gently to combine. Refrigerate, covered, until serving.
3/4 cup: 188 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 248mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.