Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 pound bacon strips
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (8 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup milk
- Cut each bacon strip in half widthwise. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain; keep warm.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cheese and salt. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times.
- Divide dough in half. Roll one portion into a 12-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Cut in half, forming two 9-in. x 6-in. rectangles; cut each rectangle into nine 1-in. strips. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Place a piece of bacon on each biscuit strip; carefully roll up jelly-roll style. Place seam side down on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
1 each: 97 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 171mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.