- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic, drained
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place tilapia in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with pepper. Spoon tomatoes over tilapia; top with onion and green pepper.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake until fish flakes easily with a fork, 10-15 minutes longer.
Can you freeze Baked Italian Tilapia?
Cool fish mixture. Freeze in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through slowly in a covered skillet, stirring occasionally, until a thermometer inserted in fish reads 145°.
1 serving: 215 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 645mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 36g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 vegetable.