- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pound perch or fish fillets of your choice
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, paprika and basil. Brush fish fillets with butter, then dip into the crumb mixture. Place in a greased baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 500° for 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
1/4 pound: 158 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 176mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 lean meat, 1/2 fat.