- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- In a shallow bowl, combine almonds and flour. In another shallow bowl, whisk eggs. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Dip chicken in eggs; then coat with almond mixture. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch, broth, vinegar and brown sugar until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with chicken.
1 each: 339 calories, 18g fat (2g saturated fat), 169mg cholesterol, 216mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein.