- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup M&M's minis or miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 large)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. In a 1-qt. glass jar, layer the flour mixture, brown sugar and M&M's. Cover and store in a cool, dry place for up to 3 months. Yield: 1 batch (about 4 cups mix).
- To prepare muffins: Place muffin mix in a large bowl. Whisk the bananas, butter, eggs and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill 48 greased or paper-lined mini-muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° until a toothpick comes out clean, 9-10 minutes. Serve warm.
To make regular muffins: Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° until a toothpick comes out clean, 14-16 minutes. Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 muffin: 87 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 60mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.