- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash ground cloves
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 medium firm bananas, halved lengthwise and cut into thirds
- 1/4 teaspoon rum extract
- Optional: Waffles, pancakes or vanilla ice cream
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Stir in the brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved, about 2 minutes. Stir in cream. Add bananas and extract. Serve warm, with waffles, pancakes or vanilla ice cream if desired.
1/2 cup: 589 calories, 28g fat (17g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 218mg sodium, 85g carbohydrate (74g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.