- 4 pounds pork baby back ribs
- 2 whole garlic bulbs
- 1 large navel orange, quartered
- 1 cup Korean barbecue sauce, divided
- 3/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup shredded daikon radish
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Toppings: Thinly sliced cucumber, sliced fresh jalapeno pepper, cilantro leaves and lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place ribs in a large roasting pan. Remove papery outer skin from garlic bulbs, but do not peel or separate the cloves. Cut off top of garlic bulbs, exposing individual cloves; add to roasting pan. Add orange; cover pan with heavy-duty foil and seal tightly. Bake until tender, 2 to 2-1/2 hours, brushing with 1/2 cup barbecue sauce halfway through cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine vinegar, sugar and water. Bring mixture to a boil over high heat; cook until sugar is dissolved, about 2 minutes. Let cool completely. Place carrots, radishes and green onions in a bowl; add brine. Refrigerate until serving.
- Prepare grill for medium direct heat. Carefully remove ribs from roasting pan; discard garlic and orange. Place ribs on grill rack; brush with some of the remaining 1/2 cup barbecue sauce. Grill, covered, over medium heat until browned, 15-20 minutes, turning and brushing occasionally with sauce. Cut into serving size portions. Serve with pickled vegetables, toppings and remaining sauce.
1 serving: 718 calories, 50g fat (16g saturated fat), 163mg cholesterol, 1499mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 45g protein.