- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 6 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Colby cheese
- 1 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1 large egg
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. For barbecue sauce, in a large saucepan, combine the next 13 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Spread about 1/4 cup barbecue sauce in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with three noodles and half of the beef. Spread with half of the remaining barbecue sauce; sprinkle with half of the mozzarella, cheddar and Colby cheeses. Repeat layers.
- Combine cottage cheese and egg; spoon evenly over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand for about 10 minutes before cutting.
1 piece: 527 calories, 25g fat (14g saturated fat), 125mg cholesterol, 1167mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 34g protein.