Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 to 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread, halved lengthwise
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; spread over cut sides of bread. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut into 2-in. slices.
2 slice: 241 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 375mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.