- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped dried beef
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 14 saltines, broken into pieces
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- Additional parsley
- Assorted crackers
- Place sauerkraut in a food processor; cover and process until creamy. Add the cheese, dried beef, sour cream , mayonnaise, saltines, parsley and onion; cover and process until blended.
- Transfer to a large bowl; cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Shape into a ball; roll in additional parsley. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve with crackers.
2 tablespoons: 73 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 250mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat.