Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 12 frozen onion rings
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 slices pepper jack cheese
- 6 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 6 cooked bacon strips
- Optional toppings: Lettuce leaves, sliced tomato and dill pickles
- Bake onion rings according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine beef, garlic salt and pepper; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into six 3/4-in.-thick patties.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook burgers over medium heat 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°, adding cheese during the last minute of cooking. Serve on buns with barbecue sauce, bacon, onion rings and toppings as desired.
1 burger (calculated without optional toppings): 768 calories, 39g fat (15g saturated fat), 127mg cholesterol, 1275mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 42g protein.