Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 12 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 5 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Optional: Cucumber raita and chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400°. Flatten bread slices with a rolling pin; brush tops with butter. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook beef and celery over medium heat until beef is no longer pink and celery is tender, 8-10 minutes, breaking beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in bread crumbs, curry powder and garlic salt.
- Spoon beef mixture evenly among bread slices. Roll up bread slices; secure with toothpicks. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, 12-15 minutes. When cool enough to handle, discard toothpicks and cut each roll-up crosswise into 3 pieces. If desired, serve warm with cucumber raita and chopped fresh cilantro.
1 roll-up: 52 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 114mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.