Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 unsliced loaf French bread (1 pound)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices American cheese, halved
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut off top of bread. Carefully hollow out bottom of loaf, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Cut removed bread into small cubes; set aside. In a skillet, cook beef until no loner pink, 5-7 minutes; crumble beef; drain. Add soup, Worcestershire sauce, green pepper, celery, salt and pepper. Cook and stir 3-4 minutes. Stir in the reserved bread cubes. Spread into bread shell; top with cheese. Replace bread top. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 6-8 minutes or until cheese is melted.
1 sandwich: 658 calories, 24g fat (11g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 1691mg sodium, 71g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 37g protein.