- 24 lasagna noodles
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning
- 4 large egg whites
- 2 cartons (15 ounces each) ricotta cheese
- 8 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 jars (24 ounces each) chunky salsa
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning. In a small bowl, combine egg whites and ricotta cheese. Drain noodles.
- In each of two 13x9-in. baking dishes, layer 4 noodles, 2/3 cup ricotta mixture, half the beef mixture and 1-1/3 cups cheddar cheese. Top each with 4 noodles, 2/3 cup ricotta mixture, 1-1/3 cups salsa and 1-1/3 cups cheese. For final layer, top each with 4 noodles, 2/3 cup ricotta mixture, 1-1/3 cups salsa and 1-1/3 cups cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked lasagna. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake lasagna as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer to read 165°.
1 piece: 545 calories, 26g fat (17g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 1198mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 35g protein.