- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 fresh beef brisket (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine flour and broth until smooth. Stir in the cranberry sauce, cranberry juice, garlic and rosemary. Pour into a large roasting pan. Top with onion slices.
- Season the brisket with salt and pepper. Place fat side up in the pan. Cover and bake at 350° for 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until meat is tender, basting occasionally.
- Remove brisket to a serving platter and let stand for 15 minutes. Thinly slice meat across the grain; serve with onion and pan juices.
3 ounce-weight: 219 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 298mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.