- Dough for single-crust pie
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate; flute edge. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 425°.
- Line crust with a double thickness of foil. Fill with pie weights, dried beans or uncooked rice. Bake on a lower oven rack until edge is golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Remove foil and weights; bake until bottom is golden brown, 3-6 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in berries and lemon juice. Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat until mixture just comes to a boil; pour into prepared crust. Cool completely on a wire rack.
Editor's NoteCombine 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour and 1/4 tsp. salt; cut in 1/2 cup cold butter until crumbly. Gradually add 3-5 Tbsp. ice water, tossing with a fork until dough holds together when pressed. Shape into a disk; wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.
1 piece: 250 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 101mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein.