- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry or berry blue gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 can (46 ounces) pineapple juice
- 2 liters ginger ale
- 4-1/2 cups cold water
- 1 cup lemon juice
- Red or blue liquid food coloring, optional
- Coarse blue sugar, optional
- Optional: Fresh blueberries, raspberries, strawberries and watermelon
- In a large container, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in sugar until dissolved. Add the pineapple juice, ginger ale, water and lemon juice. If desired, add food coloring. Freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from freezer 20 minutes before serving. Stir until mixture is slushy. Meanwhile, moisten rims of chilled glasses with water. If desired, sprinkle blue sugar on a plate; dip rims in sugar. Spoon slushy mixture in glasses. If desired, top with fruit. Serve immediately.
1 cup: 167 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 18mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.