- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm fat-free milk (110° to 115°)
- 2 egg whites
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 to 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 to 5 teaspoons orange juice
- In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk. Add the egg whites, sugar, oil, salt, 1 cup all-purpose flour and whole wheat flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining all-purpose flour to form a firm dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a bowl coated with cooking spray, turning once to coat the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Roll each portion into a 12-in. x 9-in. rectangle; spread with butter. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to seal.
- Cut each portion into nine slices; place cut side down in two 9-in. round baking pans coated with cooking spray. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 40 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks. For icing, combine confectioners' sugar and enough juice to achieve a drizzling consistency. Drizzle over rolls.
1 each: 193 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 107mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.