- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a bowl, beat the butter, sugar, egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture and mix well. Fold in nuts.
- Spread in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares.
1 each: 129 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 100mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.