- 1/3 cup thawed apple juice concentrate
- 1 envelope plain gelatin
- 5 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pour the apple juice concentrate into a saucepan; sprinkle with gelatin and allow to soften for several minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, finely chop blueberries, 1 cup at a time. Add lemon juice, spices and 2 cups of chopped berries to gelatin; heat over medium-low until gelatin is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in remaining berries and mix well.
- Pour into jars or plastic containers; store in the refrigerator up to three weeks.
1 tablespoon: 12 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.