Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a large saucepan, combine 1/2 cup blueberries, sugar, cornstarch and lemon zest. Mash well with a fork. Bring to a boil over low heat; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in butter and remaining 1/2 cup blueberries.
- Unfold puff pastry. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each pastry sheet into a 12-in. square. Cut each into 4 squares. Spoon 3 tablespoons of filling into the center of each square; fold diagonally in half and press edges to seal. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Beat egg and water; brush over pastry.
- Bake until golden brown, 12-15 minutes. Combine confectioners' sugar and milk; drizzle over turnovers. Serve warm or at room temperature.
BlueberriesIf using frozen blueberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
1 turnover: 400 calories, 20g fat (6g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 235mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 5g fiber), 6g protein.