Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 round loaf (1 pound) unsliced bread
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- Cut the top fourth off the loaf of bread; set top aside. Carefully hollow out bottom, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Cube removed bread; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the process cheese, sour cream and cream cheese. Stir in the ham, green onions, chilies and Worcestershire sauce. Spoon into bread shell; replace top. Wrap tightly in heavy-duty foil and place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until the filling is heated through.
- Meanwhile, toss reserved bread cubes with oil and butter. Place on an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Unwrap loaf and remove bread top; stir filling. Serve with vegetables and toasted bread cubes.