- 8 bacon strips, diced
- 1/4 cup crushed cornflakes
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 2 teaspoons drippings. Stir reserved drippings into cornflakes; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, onion, salt and pepper until blended. Stir in hash browns. Pour into a greased 9-in. pie plate. Sprinkle with bacon and cornflake mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before cutting.
1 piece: 402 calories, 31g fat (15g saturated fat), 234mg cholesterol, 748mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 18g protein.