- 1-1/3 cups uncooked long grain or basmati rice
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) peach halves, drained
- 1 cup canned or frozen pitted tart cherries, drained
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine rice, peaches, cherries, cream and 1/4 cup brown sugar. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2- qt. baking dish.
- Combine oats, coconut, pecans, butter and remaining brown sugar; sprinkle over rice. Bake, uncovered, until golden brown, 25-30 minutes.
TEST KITCHEN TIP This recipe is equally good with fresh blueberries instead of the cherries.
1 cup: 411 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 91mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.