Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 hard rolls
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat to 325°. In a large skillet, cook beef with broccoli and onion over medium heat until no longer pink, 4-6 minutes. Crumble beef and stir in salt and pepper.
- Cut one-third off the top of each roll; discard or save for another use. Hollow out bottoms, leaving 1/2-in.-thick shells; place on a baking sheet.
- Tear bread removed from centers into 1/2-in. pieces and place in a bowl. Stir in 1-1/2 cups cheese and beef mixture. Spoon into bread shells. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake until heated through and cheese is melted, 10-15 minutes.
1 serving: 394 calories, 18g fat (9g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 783mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.