- 3 cups hot mashed potatoes
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) French-fried onions, divided
- 4-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients; beat until smooth. Fold in half of the onions. Spread onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, forming a shell. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- In a saucepan, cook broccoli in a small amount of simmering water until crisp-tender; drain. Place in the potato shell. Sprinkle with cheese and remaining onions. Bake 10 minutes longer.
3/4 cup: 276 calories, 18g fat (9g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 605mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.