- 2-1/4 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Transfer to a serving bowl. Immediately add the remaining ingredients and toss to coat.
Buttered Noodles Tips
What other kinds of noodles can you use in this recipe?If you don't have egg noodles on hand, you can use other pasta shapes or types instead. Some of our recommendations for this buttered noodles recipe include fettuccine, spaghetti, pappardelle or rigatoni. Or you could go all out and make homemade egg noodles.
Should you salt the boiling water for this buttered noodles recipe?We always recommend salting water when making pasta. Here's how to salt pasta water the right way.
How should you serve buttered noodles?Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese instead of the shelf-stable stuff (it's just so much better!). Make your noodle bowl a main dish by adding protein, such as chicken, to this pasta recipe. Or serve it as a side to an entree of pork, steak or salmon.
—Christina Herbst, Taste of Home Assistant Digital Editor
3/4 cup: 165 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 290mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.