- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Optional: Butter and maple syrup
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and baking powder. In another bowl, whisk buttermilk, eggs and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon blueberries on each pancake. Turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. If desired, serve with butter and syrup and top with additional blueberries.
2 pancakes: 250 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 322mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.