Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon shortening
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, rosemary, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in buttermilk just until moistened (mixture will be dry).
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Roll out to 1/2-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 1 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Brush with butter. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
1 each: 216 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 253mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.