- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (21 ounces) pork and beans
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until beef is no longer pink, 5-7 minutes, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in remaining ingredients. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. cast-iron pan or baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, until the beans are as thick as desired, 45-60 minutes.
1 serving: 260 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 826mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 7g fiber), 18g protein.