Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 48 milk chocolate kisses, candy cane kisses or miniature chocolate-covered peppermint patties, unwrapped
- 4 candy canes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freeze kisses in a covered container for at least 1 hour. Place candy canes in a food processor; process until finely crushed.
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, milk and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in crushed candy canes. Place 2 in. apart on parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown. Immediately press a kiss into center of each cookie. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
1 cookie: 109 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 69mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.